How do I get the full text for an article from PsycARTICLES?
The PsycINFO database contains nearly 3 million records that include abstracts, subject headings and key words, research methodologies, cited references, links to the full text, and more. It covers nearly 2,500 journals.
Your library likely subscribes to a variety of databases that include full-text articles. Using PsycINFO from your library account, you can find the full text easily.
1. On the right-hand side of the PsycINFO record, look for a link that says “Full text from publisher.” If your library subscribes to a database that carries this article, this link will take you directly to the full text. If the article is in a database to which your library does not subscribe, the link will take you to the publisher’s homepage, where you can find ordering information. Before ordering, consider the other options below.
2. From the PsycINFO record you can also click on the DOI (digital object identifier) to reach the full text (if your library has access) or the publisher’s website.
3. If your library subscribes to PsycARTICLES (a database of APA and related journals), any APA articles you find in PsycINFO will include direct links to the HTML and the PDF versions of the article. In addition, full text will be available for journals published by the Educational Publishing Foundation, the Canadian Psychological Association, and the Hogrefe Publishing Group. (For a list of specific journals and years covered in PsycARTICLES, please see the PsycARTICLES Journal History for a complete list of coverage.)
4. If your librarian cannot find the journal or book on the shelves, it may be accessible through interlibrary loan. This is usually a free service.
5. If the article is not available through interlibrary loan or through a database to which your library subscribes, consider ordering the article directly. Visit the Short-Term or By-the-Item Access page for information on obtaining full-text articles. And see the Access and Pricing for Individuals page for a complete description of all the electronic access products offered by APA.
6. Finally, if the item you need is not listed in PsycINFO and your library was not able to help you find it, please see these pointers regarding full-text document delivery services.