APA’s 2013 annual report highlights the association’s accomplishments and activities
APA’s 2013 annual report (PDF, 3.7MB), a supplement to the July–August 2014 issue of the American Psychologist, is available online. Highlighted in the year-in-review message from APA CEO Norman B. Anderson, PhD, are a number of events, activities and programs, including:
- His participation in the June 2013 National Conference on Mental Health.
- The creation of both the Center for Psychology and Health and Center for Organizational Excellence.
- Progress on APA’s Good Governance Project.
- APA’s contributions to ensuring marriage equality for all.
- The collaboration between APA and the American Psychological Association Practice Organization to ensure access to mental health services and fair valuation of psychological services.
- The release of APA’s seminal report, “Gun Violence: Prediction, Prevention, and Policy.”
- The additional memoranda of understanding APA signed with other national psychology groups.
Compiled and published by APA’s Office of Public and Member Communications, the annual report also includes summaries of APA directorate and office activities; an account from Donald N. Bersoff, PhD, JD, of his presidential year; and the 2013 treasurer’s report.