In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
LGBT Health Awareness Week is a nationwide event that seeks to promote lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) health.
In This Issue
- Register soon for Confronting Family and Community Violence: The Intersection of Law and Psychology
APA-ABA CE conference welcomes U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder as keynote speaker.
- Release of the report of Healthy Development Summit II
Changing frames and expanding partnerships to promote children's mental health and social/emotional development.
- Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation and Homosexuality
This pamphlet is designed to provide accurate information for those who want to better understand sexual orientation and the impact of prejudice and discrimination on those who identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual. Available in Spanish, English and Russian.
- Changing Diet and Exercise for Kids
When it comes to establishing healthy habits, you can teach children how to Act Boldly to Change Diet and Exercise (A.B.C.D.E.)
A College Student's Perspective
- “Friendtor”: The importance of building positive relationships with students
Let’s support and empower students — not just academically, but socially and emotionally as well.
By Alexandra Agiliga, BA
- APA Federal Action Network fosters psychology grassroots advocacy
APA’s new grassroots advocacy platform allows psychologists to add their voice to federal debates on key psychology policy issues.
- PI-GRO Welcomes Amalia Corby-Edwards
Corby-Edwards will direct federal policy initiatives related to children and women.
- APA Supports Paid Sick Days Legislation
Legislation would create a national standard allowing for seven paid sick days per year.
- Minority Fellowship Program Receives Budget Increase
Minority Fellowship Program (MFP) funding increases to $8 million in fiscal year 2014.