In the Public Interest
A publication of the Public Interest Directorate
In This Issue
- The 2015 Work, Stress and Health Conference announces online registration and hotel reservation information
Early registration savings end April 10.
By Wesley Baker
- APA weighs in on US Supreme Court same-sex marriage case
APA's arguments in a U.S. Supreme Court case on whether same-sex couples have a constitutional right to marry.
By Ronald L. Schlittler
- Alette Coble-Temple, PsyD, is Ms. Wheelchair California 2015
"It was quite an experience and I truly believe I was able to succeed because of the mentorship and skills I gained through LIWP."—Alette Coble-Temple, PsyD
By Shari E. Miles-Cohen, PhD
A Student's Perspective
- Not waiting for Congress: Graduate student employees fight for paid leave
Let's give student-parents the opportunity to care for their children without fear of reprisal or financial instability.
By Ian A. Gutierrez
Did You Know?
- Staying physically, cognitively and socially active is important to prolonging vitality in older adults
Learn about aging and how psychology can help you prolong your vitality.
- National coalition calls for HIV/AIDS funding
Leading groups ask president to maintain commitment to domestic HIV/AIDS program.
- APA joins LGBT rights groups to support equal treatment for married same-sex couples in health facilities
Rule would extend equal rights to same-sex spouses in facilities participating in Medicaid and Medicare.
- APA offers psychological expertise to President's Task Force on 21st Century Policing
Efforts build on legislative advocacy concerning community-police relations.