Psychology Teacher Network
Featured StoryLinh Nguyen Littleford, PhD and Susan A. Nolan, PhD
- Encouraging students’ ethical behavior
The first of an ongoing series on teaching ethically, this column focuses on strategies for encouraging ethical student behavior.
By Vincent Prohaska, PhD
- Warrior scholars: Transitioning from the battlefield to the classroom
Faculty and administrators need to understand the needs, concerns and issues of U.S. military veterans and how to support their educational goals.
By Eugene V. Gourley III, PhD and Donna Alexander, PhD
- Pedagogically sound use of Prezi
Making effective use of Prezi in the classroom.
By Jeremy Ashton Houska, PhD
News from PT@CC and TOPSS
- PT@CC Teaching Resources Award
This award is open to psychology teachers who are members of the APA Psychology Teachers at Community Colleges.
- PT@CC Award for Excellence in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning at a Two-Year College or Campus
Award recipient recognized for academic and professional excellence, passion for teaching, service and leadership.
- Jeanne Blakeslee receives APA Presidential Citation
Presidential citation is awarded to recognize outstanding contributions to high school psychology.
From the AED and Director, Precollege and Undergraduate Education
- Controversy in the Psychology Classroom: Using Hot Topics to Foster Critical Thinking
Using controversial topics as a tool for enhancing critical thinking.
- Social media for psychology teachers
Join your colleagues on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- “Psychology Benefits Society” blog has launched
A new blog on the benefits of applied psychological science to society.
- STP publishes a new e-book – “Introductory Psychology Teaching Primer”
A new e-book on teaching the Introductory Psychology course.
- Pre-health Collection from MedEdPORTAL
An online repository of teaching resources to help prepare students for taking the new MCAT.
- CYF News issue focuses on military children and families
CYF News is the newsletter for the APA Office on Children, Youth and Families.
- Golden Psi Award
This new award recognizes schools that apply psychological science to encourage student growth.
Mark Your Calender
- APS Convention
The 25th Association for Psychological Science (APS) convention will take place on May 23-26, 2013, in Washington, D.C.
- Eastern Conference on the Teaching of Psychology
The Department of Psychology at James Madison University will host the next Eastern Conference on the Teaching of Psychology (ETOP) on Friday, June 21 and Saturday, June 22, 2013.
- 4th Vancouver International Conference on the Teaching of Psychology
The 4th Vancouver International Conference on the Teaching of Psychology will take place on July 25-27, 2013 in Vancouver, Canada
- APA Convention
News, program highlights, registration and housing information, and activities listings for the American Psychological Association's Annual Convention.
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) Conference
The 93rd NCSS Annual Conference will be held in St. Louis, Mo., Nov. 22-24, 2013.
APA Guidelines for the Undergraduate Psychology Major
Submit comments by May 15 for the revised guidelines (draft, 2012) that describe a set of learning goals and outcomes for psychology majors at the completion of the baccalaureate degree.