Call for Open Seat NominationsAPA Commission on Accreditation
Deadline: Aug. 29, 2014
The Commission on Accreditation (CoA) of the American Psychological Association has a vacancy for one of its open seats (PDF, 29KB). The seat is for a three-year, non-renewable term (Jan. 1, 2015-Dec. 31, 2017). There is no honorarium for CoA membership, although all travel expenses are reimbursed.
In accordance with its Policies for Accreditation Governance (Implementing Regulation A.1, (PDF, 222KB)), CoA has determined that the individual for this open seat must be a psychologist who has as experience and expertise in doctoral internship training.
- Among those with internship training expertise, preference will be given to individuals with prior experience and knowledge on APA accreditation matters. Examples of such experience include, but are not limited to:
- Current or former director/administrator for an APA-accredited program.
- Experience as a CoA site visitor.
- New Member Training: Feb. 11
- Policy Meeting: Feb. 12-15
- Spring Program Review Meeting: March 19-22
- Summer Program Review Meeting: July 16-19
- Fall Program Review Meeting: Oct. 22-25
Nominations must include the candidate’s current curriculum vitae (CV) and a statement of interest which directly addresses how candidate meets the qualifications outlined above.
Self-nominations are welcome. Those nominating others are asked to assure the nominee’s willingness to serve by including the nominee’s letter of interest.
Please send nomination materials electronically to the APA Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation at no later than Friday, Aug. 29, 2014. Further questions regarding the duties and qualifications of CoA members may be directed to the office at the email address listed above.
Three (3) nominations for the open seat will be forwarded by the CoA Executive Committee to the APA Board of Educational Affairs (BEA) for their selection. BEA will notify the nominee directly of his/her appointment to CoA in late fall 2014.
Frequently Asked Questions
Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation
750 First St. NE
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: (202) 336-5979
Fax: (202) 336-5978